If you always wanted to learn how to dive or if you crave the succulent taste of abalone, the ABALONE ADVENTURE AT THE ALBION SCHOOLHOUSE is a must for you. This odyssey offers avid divers and novices alike a rare opportunity to dive with some of the most renowned freedive guides in the region for prized local abalone during Northern California’s peak season. The dive will be followed by a demonstration on how to clean and prepare the collected bounty, culminating in a delectable feast prepared for you on the day of the dive. You stay during your adventure at the charming Albion Schoolhouse, a 1930s gem appointed in the spirit of art deco yet outfitted with modern amenities.
Adventure for 3 couples (6 people) includes:
- 2 nights lodging at The Albion Schoolhouse;
- Components in the refrigerator for a DIY (Do it Yourself) breakfast for day of dive;
- Box lunches for day of dive;
- All necessary dive gear and equipment needed for the dive;
- One day of diving with licensed guide(s);
- Assistance with cleaning, cutting and pounding of caught abalone;
- Cooking demonstration and communal dinner prepared for you the day of the dive.
Package available August 1, 2016 – November 30, 2016.
Package price: $4,000.
Call 707.937.5942 or 888.INN.LOVE for reservations.
Reservations are based upon availability and require a 14 day notice.
NOTE: Adventure does not include Abalone Diving License. Guests MUST purchase a license prior to the dive. Additionally, one abalone per diver must be donated for the communal dinner, additional abalones caught that day will be for the diver’s to keep.