Little River Inn is pleased to be offering the 3rd annual ABALONE CAMP experience from Sunday, June 25 to Tuesday, June 27, 2017. The ABALONE CAMP package offers avid divers and novices alike a rare opportunity to dive with some of the most renowned freedive guides in the region for the prized local delicacy during Northern California’s peak Abalone Season. The dive will be followed by a demonstration on how to clean and prepare the collected bounty, culminating in a gourmand feast prepared by the Inn’s chef.
This two-night experience includes:
- Accommodations in an ocean view fireplace room.
We suggest lodging on Saturday, June 24 if you are not within 3-hour driving distance from Little River Inn.
- Brunch and Orientation on Sunday, June 25
- Welcoming reception on the evening of June 25 for all participating divers and their guest complete with delectable passed appetizers and local beer and wine selections
- Breakfast on Monday morning
- All necessary dive gear and equipment needed for the dive
- Two days of diving with the guides from Triton X/Freedive Shop (the first day will include being fitted for wetsuit/gear and getting acquainted with dive location; day two will consist of the actual Abalone dive lasting up to three hours)
- Bagged lunch for the day of the dive
- Assistance with the cleaning, cutting, and pounding of caught abalone
- Cooking demonstration and communal dinner of the day’s hunt back at the inn with fellow divers and guides from Triton X/Freedive Shop
Packages start at $800 or $575 for a shared room, exclusive of tax & gratuity. We’ve partnered with Triton X/Freedive Shop who provide all the gear and licensed guided dive instruction. To add a non-diving guest to your reservation, rates start at $185, not including tax & gratuity. A limited number of spots are available to participants. Reservations are based upon availability and require a 7-day notice.
Call 707.937.5942 or 888.INN.LOVE for reservations.
Note: Package pricing does not include a California Fishing License or an Abalone Report Card.
Guests MUST purchase a license prior to the dive. Additionally, one abalone per diver must be
donated for the communal dinner, additional abalones caught the day will be for the diver’s
keeps and properly packed for legal transportation.